Sunday, November 8, 2009

Charly's first talk in Ava

In primary, Charly was given an assignment to talk at church the next Sunday. We were so excited for her to give her first talk. As Charly prepared to give her talk we went over and over it with her. Well, OK Leilani went over and over while I just sat back and watched. Leilani and I were singing in sacrament that day and had left a little early for church and Charly came later with Matt and Jeanne. She ended up sitting with them as well, so Leilani and I could go up and sing when it was time. As we finished up our song, Charly turns to Matt and very courageously and consigned to her assignment, says "well I guess it's my turn now." The poor thing thought she was giving her talk in front of the whole Ward. How nerve wracking that must have been for this wonderful five year old. Although sometimes, I feel that same way when it's my turn to talk. LOL

4 comments:

  1. What a woman! :) That's so impressive that she was willing even thinking it was for Sacrament! Love that girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The sneeze and subsequent laughing were my favorite part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part at the end where she folds her arms like saying..."yeah!"
    Be proud of her b/c at least she isn't crying like how the fesolai kids would cry everytime they had to give talks in primary when they were lil. lol.
    love and kisses to you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. talon keeps buggin me to tell charli that she did a great job on her talk. hopefully now he'll stop reading over my shoulder and finally go to bed....ha ha ha!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete