Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What A Drag?

Me and the kids are eating breakfast this morning. We're all looking out the dining room window at the melting snow. Charly while chewing a mouthful of toast looks over at me and asks, "Mom are there really Drag Queens."
Me: "Huh? Say that again?"
Charly (swallows and smiles): "Are there really Drag Queens?"
Me: "Where'd you learn that?"
Charly: "Barry Benson"
Me: "Who?" (racking brain for new kids at church)
Charly: "You know, Barry... in the "Bee Movie,"...He says to that bee, "THIS is your Queen? That's a man in womans clothes! That's a Drag Queen!" laughing she says...A boy in girls clothes....that's so funny.
Me: LOL. "Yeah.... need a napkin?"
Charly: "Sure, Mom." As she returns a smiling gaze out the window while chuckling to herself.
A Mind Like A Steel Trap that girl!

2 comments:

  1. All I can do is laugh! Hilarious. Chase is just like that... the steel trap thing. lol Aiden, on the other hand just really misses Charly! The other day it snowed and Aiden got SOOOOOO excited, jumping up and down cheering.. Then he exclaimed, "It's CHRISTMAS! That means Charly's coming back now!" He was just ecstatic and refused to believe otherwise! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE MY GRANDCHILDREN and their cute little personalities!! You never know what they are going to say next!! Our little Aiden sure does talk about Charly all the time and how excited he is to see her when Christmas comes!! He thinks it is really close!!! That is so funny about Drag Queen!!! I hardly even remembered that part but our Charly remembers it so well...I know, I am getting old...!! All my Grandchildren remember things so well!! Grandfather, after hearing me read about the 'drag queen' story said: "Inquiring minds want to know"...that is for sure!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my family!!

    ReplyDelete