Sunday, March 15, 2009

8 month Updates!

Recently passed his wellness checkup with avg. weight and height. Kavika still only has 6 teeth. I say ONLY because he's been working on cutting more for about 2 months now. He has 2 itty bitty teeth (cut at 3 mos) on the bottom and 4 up top (cut 2 by 5mos and the other 2 by 6mos). Right now the canines make an appearance just under the surface of his gums and then disappear again. It makes him miserable! He likes to bite or chew on just about everything (especially paper). Here are a few more interesting things he does...



  • He claps at almost everything his sister does and bounces/dances to music.

  • Already loves to bang on the piano and pluck ukulele chords.

  • He gets around on his belly kinda doing the "worm" and occasionally works in his "left" leg to propel himself forward.
  • He is also making sounds like dah, bah, mah, oh, ah. We've been teaching him ASL and has learned to sign the following words: Eat and More.

The other day I was speaking with my good friend Jeanne. Not sure how long we had been talking, but Kavika became very fussy. He was on my lap squirming and whining. We were deep in conversation and I kept having to move him from side to side to look around him and continue talking. Suddenly I felt a sharp prick on my shoulder. I pulled him away at arms length and cried out, "Hey!" turning to Jeanne I started to complain about him biting and how I don't get it. She was grinning at him. I turned toward him to see his pudgy little fist formed and lightly pounding on his chin. Yep. "EAT!"

3 comments:

  1. Attention, please! When the boy's hungry, the boy's hungry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you shouldn't have been in such a tense conversation with Jeanne!! We are missing out on so much and I must say: "I don't like it"!! I know, you guys feel the Lord wants you there in Battlefield, and I want you here in the Springs...and YES I reallze the Lord is more important but I can still wish we had you here!! I am glad you started blogging, Leilani so that we can keep up with you, Marc, Charly and Kavika!! Can ya 'blog a little more often, please?' With 2 children and volleyball and all that life stuff I know you probably don't have extra time but try please!!! lol Love you all, Mom and Grandma (Johnson)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reaction was very funny...He's quite the smarty pants!

    ReplyDelete