Sunday, March 15, 2009

Smarty Pants on the Sabbath

Sabbath day is almost always a rush for me. Since we've moved to Missouri, I've maybe been on time to church just a handful of times. (Yeah, pretty sad especially since our sacrament meeting begins at 1:00pm). I think it's because I always think I have more time than I really do, so I do more of a sabbath stroll until the pressures on to feed and dress kids, do hair, grab teaching materials, etc... Today, I at least knew what everyone was going to wear and Marc was home to help me instead of at church meetings. Anyhow my dear Charly (4yrs. old) was being her usual funny self which was fine, but was taking much longer to get ready than needed (hmmm...not sure where she learned that from) and decided to run around in her tights pretending she couldn't find her church clothes. Trying to hide my building frustration, I firmly told her to get dressed! She disappeared for a while and I continued to get myself ready. Marc came into the room after getting baby ready and Charly walked in behind him still in just her tights!!! To top it off, she had her hands behind her slipped in between her panties and tights. It was obvious she was goofing off the whole time. Pretending to be grossed out and said, "Ewww, Charly don't do that, get your hands out of there...there's germs!" She looked a bit shocked and pulled her hands out. I continued, "We don't touch our butts, they have germs!"

By now she was looking at her hands...
Me: "No Really! See smell them."
Charly: Concerned-Puts hands to her face (sniffing)
Me: "See! What do they smell like?"
Charly: "Roses"

Couldn't help but pack up laughing. She's a bit too witty for her own good. Only ended up 2 minutes late afterall (probably was the last minute PBJ I had to make before leaving!) Warning: You might wanna PASS, if she ever asks you to stop and smell the roses with her.

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious! It's just natural-born stuff... the wit of these kids who we've been blessed with us. It must be in the genes... or in Charly's case, the tights! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL LOL oh my goodness...where did she get that sense of humor from?? hmmm...I have heard her Grandfather say things like that many times!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what these kids say all the time!! Wish you all would have been here last night...we had a lot of fun but held some back since you weren't here!!! lol Love you guys!! Mom and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love it when they are too smart for OUR own good? Dangit! So funny! I love those two babies! And the mommy and daddy too!

    ReplyDelete